A Crazy Musical Fortnight - Part 1 - An Evening with VICE

If you regularly follow/look out for my blog (which I should hope you do!) then you may notice that I haven't posted in almost two months. My bad. To be fair, May was filled with exams and university work. But what a month June has been! Gosh. Let me tell you about it:

Thurs 30th May: You Need To Hear This launch in London - writing for Stereofox
Sat 1st June: Muse at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester
Sun 2nd June - Fri 7th June: Down to London for my work placement at NME
Sat 8th June - Sun 9th June: Parklife Festival in Manchester
Thurs 20th June - You Need To Hear This party in London - writing for Stereofox

Let's just say The Trainline have done well out of me!



So the launch. You Need To Hear This is an idea created by Phillips and Noisey, the music section of VICE magazine. It's a fantastic idea, music documentaries that are topical. Check it out! It was down in Haggerston in London, at a place called "The King's Head". Looks like an old pub on the outside, but on the inside it is SWANKAY. You've got to pay to be a member of this club, and you've got to go through a screening process before you can even be allowed to pay! So you get the feel of this place. It was an interesting night - read about it here.

They then were very lovely over at VICE and sent some presents! A bag with the logo on:


Along with some stickers which I've put on my writing notebook:


And to top it off, some beautiful and amazing headphones that I have fallen in love with because they're JUST THAT GOOD:




Yay!


Comments