PartyClub - Shake

You will be pleased to know (or not, I mean you might not even care in the slightest) that I found my most recent blog interest NOT ON RADIO 1! Yay! Huzzah for Twitter, the band posted this on their SoundCloud account and linked it to their Twitter account earlier today and I was lucky enough to happen upon it.

I'm really buzzing on this song, it's an awesome summer tune (yeah I just said summer tune). I just wanna keep playing it! There are some elements of it that I like, and there are some parts of it that I just wanna hear over and over again. I've got to pace myself though, I always overplay songs that I really like just because I'm excited about it. Slooow it down.


So it starts off with what I guess is a tiny drum roll and goes straight into this drum beat that sounds kinda heavy, but it's not. Maybe it's just the way the drummer plays. Scroll down to the bottom of this post and find the link, so you can listen along with my rambling and encourage your brain to make sense of it.
Anyways. It's slightly Two Door Cinema Club-esque, with the twangy guitar riffs (see Something Good Can Work), but it's somehow more upbeat than that; PartyClub are creating their own sound (also see Young and Free), and it's called indiebounce.

Courtesy of PartyClub


The lyrics combined with the general happiness of the song show us that this is a summery song as I've already said. It's like they're telling us to keep having a good time in the midst of the gloomy weather. Then there's this incredibly catchy drum beat, it really hooks you into the song.

Then this bridge type thing kicks in and it's really clever. He's singing quite quickly and someone else is doing harmonies underneath; it totally works. These guitar twangs sort of decorate over the top of this. I'm thinking they're like a quintessential PartyClub trick, these twangy riffs.

The chorus is ridiculously catchy! The singer somehow manages to keep every word clear, so you can hear and understand everything he's saying, but he does it in this slurry, cool-guy fashion, which again is a bit how Two Door singer Alex Trimble does his thang. There's another verse which is similar to the first, and then the awesome bridge thing pipes up again, it's a perfect pre-cursor to the chorus, which it flows into.

A quite dramatic breakdown thing then starts - it's all minor key and suspense-y. The drum beat starts it off, with various twangy guitar riffs slowly joining in along with something that sounds a bit synth-y. It builds up and builds up and then all drops to leave a rhythm guitar and the singer playing the chorus. The singing is slightly distorted, or has got some sort of echo-ey effect on it. The drums slowly join in to gear us up for the full chorus again, which plays through twice.

It then ends quite suddenly, no faffing about with an outro or anything, just a cheeky stop.
I'd love to hear what you reckon of this song, I'm thinking I won't be alone in enjoying this summer
tune!

PartyClub - Shake


Comments